NetBase Luxury Industry Business Report ranks Lorre White, 'The Guru Of Luxury' as a top international luxury influencer and her LuxGuru.Typepad.com ranked #3 Globally for Luxury Blogs in Brand Passion Report for Global Luxury Brands.
A recent 2015 luxury industry report by NetBase covered the best blogs globally for covering the pertinent luxury news. Interestingly it contained a combination of both blogs for luxury professionals like LuxuryDaily, which constituted the majority on the list, and a few that are actually read by the end user the UHNWI, like Lorre White’s blog LuxGuru.Typepad.com (highest ranked of the blogs that reach the wealthy customer).
There is very little real luxury media. By that I mean there are very few sources that actually reach the UHNW. It takes more than just pretty pictures to reach the wealthiest demographic. It takes bringing them information that is relative to them by someone that they trust .
Several years back I got contacted by a journalist that was being paid by one of the world's largest news sources, to write a travel article for wealthy travelers for their luxury section. She called me, since I am a Luxury Expert, and wanted to know why wealthy people liked the Caribbean island of St. Tropez so much? First, I pointed out that St. Tropez was not in the Caribbean, secondly that it was not an island, but on the southern coast of mainland France, and thirdly that the UHNW already knew why they liked St. Tropez and so this article would be of more interest to someone much less well traveled and of a lower financial demographic than she was supposed to be targeting. (This is a perfect example of why the UHNW do not follow news sources, but instead individuals that they trust). Simply put, a travel article written by a middle class employee, is most likely not going to be relevant to an UHNW consumer and their expectations of a property/product/event. This is part of the reason that the UHNW are harder to reach.
For advertising purposes there are products and services to be sold to luxury industry professionals like business software, professional associations, luxury industry conferences/events, etc. and products to be sold to UHNWI like private jets, yachts, etc. Depending on whom a company needs to reach, employees in the luxury sector, or the wealthy end user, would determine which blog they should advertise, or pay for exposer on.
Individuals like Lorre White that are the Brand, have more clout than employees working at brands.
- On January 5, 2015 ~ NetBase released Brand Passion Report for Global Luxury Brands. The 90-page report ranks the Top 45 global luxury brands. It measures the rise and fall in social media conversations about Versace, Tiffany & Company, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes, Moet Hennessy, Apple and over 40 others brands.
- NetBase ranks the most influential blogs in terms of number of quality of posts. The Top 10 global luxury brand blogs are 1) Luxury Daily 2) scribd, 3) luxguru.typepad (Lorre White, The Guru Of Luxury) 4) businessoffashion 5) ae-plus 6) bsmith 7) BusinessInsider 8) vb.el3b 9) economictimes.indiatimes 10) francenews.
- They analyzed 95+ million social data points capturing consumer feelings and insights that enabled NetBase to identify changes in consumer preferences over a two-year period.
- The study is a compilation of two years’ worth of brand conversations across social networks, review sites, blogs, forums, and news sites worldwide, between September 2012 and September 2014.
- The Brand Passion Report: Luxury Brands is an in-depth analysis of what consumers think and feel when it comes to the most extraordinary brands. NetBase captures consumer feelings and insights that would not be possible without a linguistic methodology. It goes beyond the statistical approach of other companies by studying the relationship between words in every sentence to derive true meaning.
- The report shows how one luxury brand (Gucci) has fallen into the “Hate” category, and another (Rolex) has plummeted 86% from the #1 spot last year as measured by brand passion. Most surprising is that Apple has risen to the #2 position worldwide, with a 194% increase in social media mentions and consumers declaring it a luxury brand in the study period. In fact Apple is nipping at the heels of Louis Vuitton who is in danger of losing its #1 rank.
- Click on Link below to sign up for your own copy of the report get the second half of the report free when it is released:
Lorre White has two major roles in the luxury business sector globally. She is an esteemed Luxury Marketing Consultant and Luxury Industry Keynote speaker, and also the Only Internationally Recognized Luxury Media Personality.
As an international luxury media personality who regularly appears on TV, radio and every conceivable form of digital media she is known as “The Luxury Guru.” As a luxury market influencer, Lorre shares her expertise about living a luxurious lifestyle. Her following is large and diverse, from royals and billionaires to those who aspire to live the luxury life. As a luxury marketing consultant for over 25 years, Lorre White works with companies who target Ultra High Net Worth consumers.
"In Luxury Marketing is is about WHO, not How Many you reach. A million people that cannot afford your product are of less value than one that can!" says Lorre White, owner of White Light Consulting. Reaching the UHNW is different than covering the UHNW. Lorre has a unique reach to, and trust of, the UHNW. Blogging For The Super Rich article: http://luxguru.typepad.com/lorre_white_the_luxury_gu/2014/05/blogging-for-the-super-rich-new-article-out-in-luxe-in-a-city-agency-luxury.html
Lorre's consulting clients (WhiteLightConsultng.net) include private jet, yacht, private banks, thoroughbred horses, luxury media, etc. Lorre helped grow Sea Gate Travel into one of the 10 largest in the US from 188th. In doing so, she orchestrated hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of corporate travel for global brands, including the league travel for the entire NBA, the NHL, and the MLB. Lorre was instrumental in launching the NBA’s own airline, where she escorted the NBA and US Olympic Dream Teams to events. For billionaire Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway and their partners Marquis Jets, Lorre was the Global Vice President of Sales & Marketing for the Boeing Business Jet division, where she created the M-Club for their wealthiest clients.
Her consulting work is based on her availabilty, and is contracted out for a set amount of hours over an esablished time frame, at an hourly rate.
Luxury Marketing is very different than Mass Marketing that is taught at most Universities. There are very few specifically trained in the Luxury marketing sector. What motivates the Ultra High Net Worth is very different than the motivating factors of the majority. The top wealthiest 1% controls over 50% of the world's finances. This is a small but very powerful group who require a unique marketing reach.
FORBES article : What People Don't Know About Lorre White, 'The Luxury Guru'
"Lorre White's following is large and diverse including royals and billionaires" ~ FORBES
Lorre White can also be follow on FaceBook (Personal, Public Figure and Group pages), LinkedIn (Personal, Business and Group pages), Twitter @Lorre, G+ , Ello and many private social media groups.
Sign up on the top left under the black and white photo under the header, to get luxury news sent daily
- NetBase is the real-time social business platform that many global companies use to run brands, build businesses and connect with consumers.
- NetBase’s customers—ranging from American Airlines and Credit Suisse to Ralph Lauren, Bose and Sony—use this real-time information to drive decisions.
Click on Link to sign up for your own copy of the report get the second half of the report free when it is released: http://info.netbase.com/AR-LuxuryBrand.html?ls=Website&d=Website-AR-Collateral-2014-11-LuxuryBrands
Below is a small sample of Articles Featuring Lorre White from magazines globally. (These were chosen from those printed in English. There are many more articles on her available on the web and in different languages):
'Defining Luxury' an interview with The Luxury Guru, Lorre White in UK's Luxury Waterfront Magazine: http://luxguru.typepad.com/files/lorre-white-water-front-celebrity-feature.pdf
'Atelier' the Super Luxury Magazine of Dubai and India features LORRE WHITE, The Luxury Guru http://luxguru.typepad.com/files/atelier-supr-lux-mag-feature-on-lorre-white-dubai-india-print-web.pdf
'Demystifying Bespoke', an interview with Luxury Expert Lorre White in Oman's luxury magazine Crème De La Crème: http://luxguru.typepad.com/files/lorre-white-interview-in-omans-creme-de-la-creme-luxury-magazine-topic-bespoke.pdf
The Most Precious Commodity Of All, Lorre White Hold a commanding Influence over spending habits of the World's Wealthiest' http://www.menaluxury.com/serenity/issue-10/#/34 Middle East & Northern Africa Luxury Magazine
'EXCLUSIVE: Inside the luxury category with The Luxury Guru, Lorre White' in UK's The Top Tier http://thetoptier.net/index.php/home/luxury-business-news-and-updates/1720-inside-the-luxury-category-with-the-luxury-guru-lorre-white%20
British Fashion Week’s exclusive article with international luxury expert Lorre White, The Guru of Luxury: http://luxguru.typepad.com/files/british-fashion-week-1.pdf
'A Luxury Consultant With Mass Appeal And Exclusive Clientele'http://jewelrynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-luxury-consultant-with-mass-appeal.html
'A Unique Marketing Reach' Serenity Travel Industry Magazine: http://www.menaluxury.com/serenity/issue-8/#/24
'A Conversation with Luxury Expert Lorre White' in UK's Luxury Magazine The Foxley Docket: http://luxguru.typepad.com/files/foxley-docket-feature-lorre-white.pdf
'The Right Side Of The Velvet Ropes' Middle East Luxury Travel Show Magazine: http://www.menaluxury.com/serenity/issue-9/#/24
'Luxury Guru Lorre White' in Deluxe Middle East Magazine: http://www.deluxemiddleeast.com/home.php?go=article&a=luxury-guru-lorre-white
FORBES article : What People Don't Know About Lorre White, 'The Luxury Guru'
Billionaire Warren Buffett and Lorre White 'The Luxury Guru'